Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Any experiences good, bad or indifferent, with AssetBuilder?

I am designing an income-producing in-retirement portfolio for an elderly loved one. My overall plan is to allocate money into several different strategies to mitigate management risk. I am considering an AssetBuilder capital preservation portfolio for one of these strategies.

I wondered if anyone had had any experience with AssetBuilder as a money management house. I am not particularly seeking comments about Scott Burns, DFA, or the theories behind DFA's indexing strategies. I am more looking for information on what it is like to invest money with them. Is the customer service good? Do they return emails and phone calls in a timely way? Are the tools for monitoring investments online sufficient for an individual investor's needs?

Any experienced-based comments will be welcome.

Thanks.

gfb

Comments

• I opened an account about 8 months ago. Easy process. Always had quick responses to my questions. Assets at Schwab so you can easily monitor your account.
  • Belated thanks. You were right. Of the several account set-up processes I have gone through in the past couple of months, this was the simplest.

gfb