Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

ETF.Com: Q&A With Liz Ann Sonders

FYI: It could very well be that the “violently flat” U.S. market action we saw in 2015 persists into 2016—at least in the near term, Liz Ann Sonders, chief investment strategist at Charles Schwab, tells us. But if a relatively neutral outlook seems boring, it may also prove to be just right for risk assets, she says.
Regards,
Ted
http://www.etf.com/sections/features-and-news/sonders?nopaging=1

Comments

• vkt
    edited January 2016
    In late 2014 she was saying that we are in a late bull market that has ways to go.

What would it take for this "pinup girl" of the white-collar baby boomer men to prognosticate that investors may lose money for any coming year?

She is like the baseball fan who proclaims his team has the opposing team just where they want them when trailing 2-6 in the 9th.

PS: I realize the above may be considered not a PC comment but it is more of a satirical comment on the adulation (and the free pass) she gets from such audiences than a comment on Ms. Sonders.
  • edited January 2016
    Speaking as an unreconstructed "San Francisco liberal" I've long had it "up to here" with this PC crap. Speak your mind, take your chances. If others disagree, that's their privilege. If you are unreasonably insulting and egregiously offend enough of the wrong people they may decide to shun you or kill you, and that's just the way it is. I refuse to be timidized (sic) by the oh-so-touch and feely (sic) bunch.