Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

M*: Nominees For 2015 Domestic-Stock Fund Manager Of The Year

FYI: Four candidates stood out from their growth counterparts.
Regards,
Ted
http://news.morningstar.com/articlenet/article.aspx?id=735547

Comments

• As usual, M* manages to baffle my mind. EAASX with a 1.22% ER and a 5.75% load...are you kidding me? They are looking at 1-year returns, so you would think they would factor in the load, since that is taken right off the top. Other strong contenders are Price New America Growth PRWAX and Fido Contra FCNTX, both of which have much, much lower expenses and NO commission that destroys a one-year number. Any why include PJFAX with HACAX? Again, a 5.5% front-end load. Why would anyone choose that over HACAX? How could M* screw up like this? Oh, never mind. They will justify it...somehow.
  • @BobC Got the same reaction from me, too--- huh? I'm sure that all will be revealed, in good time, but I doubt that all is gonna reveal very much.
  • @MFO Members: For whatever reason M* is listing their nominees peicemeal, yesterday 1/11/16 Domestic Stock Manager, and today 1/12/16 International Stock Manager. This morning thinkadvisor.com gave us the entire list of all 14 nominees. What's the big secret M* ?
    Regards,
    Ted
    http://www.mutualfundobserver.com/discuss/discussion/25345/top-14-fund-managers-of-2015-morningstar#latest
  • Only one reason for the piecemeal approach. It gets their name out front everyday. In the end, it's all about marketing. And M* does not give a rat's behind what folks think about their selections. They know the funds that get nominated will market that for all they can, and that gets the M* name out front once again.