Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Of These 5 Portfolios, Only One Made Money. Can You Pick The Winner?

FYI: The S&P 500 and Dow Jones Industrial Average finished 2015 down on the year, but there were still some assets that could have made you big money. Here are five portfolios that allow you to test out common investing techniques. Set your investment amount, adjust your asset allocation -- and see if you can end up on top. ​Here’s a few tips: All but one portfolio can produce a positive yield if you reallocate assets -- but there’s only one that’s a winner no matter what you do.
Regards,
Ted
http://projects.marketwatch.com/2015/stock-portfolios-for-2015/

Comments

• Wow! 25% each in the four FANGs would have taken our $100k up to $183,231 (+83%). How come none of you guys told me that a year ago?
  • OJ - ask me this next year at this same time and I will tell you what you should have bought. It's easy.