Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Grandeur Peak Annual Letter

http://www.grandeurpeakglobal.com/documents/pdfs/grandeurpeakglobalopportunitiesfund-comm-20151215.pdf

I was reading through it an thought and saw GP wants to put more of an emphasis on momentum... "... as we move forward into 2016 we’re putting renewed emphasis on “captured earnings growth” and making sure that the names we own collectively have better momentum." Is now really the time to place a greater emphasis on momentum?

Comments

• Right, it looks like they're not going to double down on value, even though that could pay off in the long run, but the growth oriented international funds have been strong- OBIOX, OSMAX.

International Stalwarts already has about 127 million in AUM per M*, so I'm not sure how long this one will stay open. 2-3 years? They're sure doing a lot of hiring and then no more offerings planned for the next 6?
  • 1. What is your understanding of the term “captured earnings growth”?

2. "International Stalwarts already has about 127 million in AUM per M*, so I'm not sure how long this one will stay open. 2-3 years"

I think it is going to stay open for longer than 2-3 years......
    Since this is more of a midcap fund, they will let the assets run up much more than their other funds