Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Expect Less And Buy Antacid: 2016 Investment Forecasts

FYI: Investing is becoming more of a grind. Expect it to stay that way.
Analysts, mutual-fund managers and other forecasters are telling investors to expect lower returns from stocks and bonds in 2016 than in past years. They're also predicting more severe swings in prices. Remember that 10 percent drop for stocks that freaked investors out in August? It likely won't take another four years for the next one.
Regards,
Ted
http://bigstory.ap.org/article/52194e6899d24c6db2484be02aaea2e1/expect-less-and-buy-antacid-2016-investment-forecasts

Comments

• edited January 2016
    This is pretty much the way I see 2016 too. This is why I have been moving towards raising my equity alocation in my foreign dividend paying equity and hybrid funds and reducing my allocation in my domestic equity and hybrid funds with the exception being FDSAX. However, I have been keeping my allocation in the overall growth & income area at its target of 35% for the overall portfolio.