Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Guru Picks: Best Funds And ETFs For 2016

FYI: Many investors prefer the idea of buying a basket of stocks through a mutual fund or exchange-traded fund rather than picking and choosing individual stocks but the task of selecting the right fund can be a bit overwhelming. According to the Investment Company Institute, there are more than 8,100 mutual funds in the U.S. with combined assets of $15.94 trillion and more than 1,500 ETFs with total assets of $2.1 trillion. For some help in narrowing the field for investors, we asked some of our top fund and ETF gurus for their best investing ideas for the next 12 months. Their picks are included below.
Regards,
Ted
http://www.forbes.com/sites/investor/2015/12/31/guru-picks-best-funds-and-etfs-for-2016/print/

Comments

• edited January 2016
    Sorry, but that article is complete hogwash. I don't know why I clicked. Horrible way to start new year reading.

There is recommendation for SPY, and total return bond fund. Yeah, okay.
    then there is a Dividend fund. Whoop dee doo.

Finally, this is what reeks. MLP and Brazil ETF. Fund marketing going on.

These guys are Gurus? That article made Guru into a 4-letter word.
  • @VintageFreak: In a follow-up comment, please tell me what you really think of the article !
    Regards,
    Ted
  • A great early LOL moment for the New Year - Ron Rowland talks up a 3x Bull Brazil etf!