Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Careful: You Might Be Risking Too Much For The Same Investment Return: 60/40 vs. 50/50 Portfolio

Comments

• edited December 2015
    I have dialed my asset allocaton back to a 50/50 asset allocation currently holding 20% in cash, 30% in income funds, 35% in growth & income funds and 15% in growth funds. I am thinking the market for 2016 will be much like that of 2015 and with this I have reduced my allocation in stocks due to their relative high valuation with reported earnings running around a TTM P/E Ratio of 23 for the S&P 500 Index and in bonds due to anticipated rising interest rates. In equities, I am favoring good dividend paying world equity and allocation funds over domestic and in fixed income I am favoring short duration, bank loan and convertible funds.