Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Comments

• Thanks Ted....I think you predicted the FED would raise rates in the last meeting of the year....nicely done.

Have a nice holiday season Ted.

press
  • Actually, they handled it about as well as possible... dithered and dathered until just about everyone didn't really care anymore. Should be smooth from here as they gradually inch upwards.
  • @ Old_Joe I sure hope you're right. On the other hand if the past is an indicator of the future the next raise will happen 20??.
    Derf
  • @PRESSmUp: Earlier this year, I thought the increase would not come until the spring or summer of 2016. This fall I saw the handwriting on the wall, that the rate increae would come this year. Now that its over let's get on with the bull market and a gain for the S&P 500 of 10%+ in 2016.
    Regards,
    Ted