Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Very little fund love today, anywhere......... 3-14-12

edited March 2012 in Fund Discussions
but trying hard for a comeback in the last hour of trading.

CWB 39.78 -0.57%

PEJ 21.50 -0.32%

IYR 61.80 -0.35%

GDX 50.00 -4.05%

EMB 113.87 -0.53%

HYG 91.10 -0.28%

TIP 117.31 -0.99%

IEF 102.70 -1.13%

SHY 84.19 -0.13%

VXX 22.15 +4.33%

Comments

• Hey Catch,

Even long term treasuries went down on a day where the opposite is usually the norm...EDV (-4%) priced at $107ish
  • Not one fund I have was up today. Worst day in over a year. Only a few stocks up, Boeing , Abbott Labs.. Wellpoint, Elan. Hard to believe with so little movement in market.
  • While I was expecting some profit taking, I haven't seen any news to explain WTF happened today.
  • Fairhome newly repurchased after previously sold Fund in January2011 went up today.Only one in my portfolio that went up today.
    Prinx
  • edited March 2012
    Yeah, I had one out of 16 go up also, barely. AHITX- American Funds High Income Trust. ABHIX (American Century High Yield Bond Fund) broke even. Both high-yield stuff...everything else down. Go figure...
  • Its seems you found the wine! If you need the cheese, give me a call !
    Tehe!!
    Derf
  • I don't own most of these, but here are a few that eeked out positive gains:

IRNIX
    LCMAX
    ARBFX
    MFLDX
    HSGFX

CFIMX
    SLASX
    FAIRX
    WAEMX

The top group is probably due to long short or arbitrage strategies.
  • Uh...another one of those days. Everything came back the following day.