Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Long Neck Babble

Hi guys!
What a beautiful December day in PA! You would think it's October. Duke, mother and I went for a long walk.....just gorgeous out! Makes me want to get the GT out and go for a drive! Just checked my funds....this makes me wonder....FPHAX - $2 billion; FSPHX - $9 billion; JAGLX - $4.7 billion. Then you have FBIOX - $15 billion.....say, what? Yeah!!! Duke couldn't believe it either. Go figure! I see they will probably raise rates finally.....I'm soooo tired of this. It's like the '72 Dolphins....every year in the NFL.....enough already, please. Still have a MLP ater a while the numbers don't mean anything. They're just red. You just go numb or dumb....it feels the same. Just gatekeepers, yeah......had to get a beer. Now, how about California's tragedy? It was with no end in sight for the future, I'm afraid. Going to make my last college payment soon, then.....I'm F-R-E-E!!!......really! I can drink the good stuff and maybe have a Cuban cigar. I guess you can get them being that we're friends and all. I wonder why nobody ever made a fund with only college business or real estate in it. Seems like it's bullet proof---money for nothing and your kicks for free!.....or something like that. I saw Pamela Anderson will be the last realPlayboy girl. Well, really, who else would you want, really....? This is not an invitation to make a list, really. I make fun of CNBC mostly because of Dennis, I guess. Bob Pisani and Meg Tirrell are worth the time always!! I wonder what a shotgun would do to a drone....? Poor Amazon! Maybe that's why they're getting into trucking.....just a thought.
God bless
the Pudd
p.s. Duke wants to say, "Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!" I told him it was too early, but he said, "Bite me!" Who can argue with that?

Comments

• Just wondering Puddinhead, did you have a few long necks ?
    Have a nice weekend.
    Derf
  • My favorite post of the week:)
  • Puddnhead said:

Just gatekeepers, yeah......

I have heard this refrain, as well...I got out of my MLP funds on the first oil bounce several months ago. I now think it doesn't matter what the MLP companies do...all that matters is what people perceive they do...i.e., "something to do with oil...I'd better SELL"!

My Saturday was spent a lot like yours...only instead of walking the dog and a beer, it was soaking in my spa with a margarita!;)

Duke sounds cute. I'm flying to Vegas tomorrow and going to see my granddog, Tora...and visit my son, too!

• edited December 2015
    @little5bee: Wish I had sold my MLP funds with you. Down an astounding amount, but at this point, not worth selling and locking in a loss- its in my iras and only accounts for 2% of them, so hopefully in 3-5 years will get back to even:) Hopefully they an keep up the dividends.
  • @slick I think the tax loss selling will be over soon...in fact, I'm thinking of jumping back in at the end of the month.