Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

5 Facts To Silence Your Smug Millennial Nephew This Thanksgiving

FYI: It has become an annual Thanksgiving ritual for news organizations (including Real Time Economics) to post Facebook-friendly explainers, aimed at millennials, on how to deal with ignorant uncles and the things they say about politics and Mexico and the economy and so on. But it may get tiring to hear tedious nephews and nieces interrupting with, “Actually, the relative poverty rate of Sweden is….” To help level the playing field, here are some key facts those aunts and uncles can use to put millennials in their place.
Happy Thanksgiving,
Ted
http://blogs.wsj.com/briefly/2015/11/25/5-facts-to-silence-your-smug-millennial-nephew-this-thanksgiving/

Comments

• Hi@Ted

Thank you for the story link. Those I see from time to time at this period of the year are folks I have seen, in some cases; for more than 30-40 years. Among these are a few who mention every 1 or 2 years that they want to discuss investing their monies. I now note to these folks that there is still time, but that they have missed one of investment monies best friend named, COMPOUND !
    The 40 something year old interested in similar will chat for about 2 minutes and then recall they are not sure where their 401 or 403 monies actually reside.
    Most of the younger don't pay enough attention to the wisdom of their elders.
    Well, not like I was always tuned into all of this investing stuff; but I/we did start earlier than most we know.
    When an excellent investment question arises and I offer my best shot at an answer; I always suggest they also come to MFO, register and post the question here.
    Expecting some investment chit-chat within the next four-eight hours.
    Hey, enjoy this holiday period with those you treasure.
    Regards,
    Catch