Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Who is able to read the "saved draft" ?

edited March 2012 in Technical Questions
Morn'in,

'Course I/we don't know how many folks have access to various portions of MFO and its internal workings; but how many with a given level of access to the server are able to read a "saved draft"; saved by someone, other than themseleves?

I use this feature to sometimes compose the "Funds Boat" or to gather some thoughts for a topic. The save draft feature is a handy tool to "park" a forth coming post. The other side of this is too compose such writings to one's pc and then copy/paste to MFO.

I ask, as I have started a few real "smokers" as a reply and then have calmed down; and never placed the reply and/or post.

Thank you,
Catch

Comments

• Good morning, Catch.

The saved drafts are not immediately available, even to folks with administrative access to the Vanilla Board software. I suppose if i went digging directly into the database, I could find your saved draft. It wouldn't be easy, and frankly I would never think to do it without a darn good reason. I'd guess that Accipiter, also, could probably find his way there.

Technically, David has all the passwords, and while his tech skills are pretty good, I don't think he'd be inclined or able to find his way through the inner workings of the databases.

I think your saved drafts are safe.

Be well,
    chip