Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

BBRY...A stock that only Primecap Funds want to love

beebee
edited November 2015 in Fund Discussions
Optimistic News:
"... the handset business continues to be a wildcard for BBRY. The company has already stabilized, integrated mobile security businesses are already growing, valuation is already good, growth rates are already quantifiable, significant short interest is already there and may need to cover, and the PRIV was just released.

The PRIV cannot be a negative, that's already been built in, but it can be a huge positive. I am not sure if it will come, but if there is even a slight hint that the PRIV is being received well on a global basis BBRY is going to spike even more than it has over the past week or so.

In my opinion, BlackBerry is back. Investors should take notice."

marketwatch.com/story/blackberry-is-back-but-do-investors-know-it-2015-11-12?siteid=yhoof2

POAGX, POGRX, VPMCX, VHCOX all are BBRY's largest mutual fund owners.

Comments

• Blackberry is never going to get its groove back to the degree that it had before. It's reasonable on a sum-of-the-parts basis and I think still could be bought, but I don't expect it to get back to its prior highs, unfortunately.