Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

BlackRock Seeks Approval For Nontransparent ETFs

FYI: (Click On Article Title At Top Of Google Search)
BlackRock wants approval for exchange-traded products that don’t disclose holdings daily.
Regards,
Ted
https://www.google.com/#q=BlackRock+Seeks+Approval+for+Nontransparent+ETFs

Comments

• It is the beginning of the end...
  • "Nontransparent ETFs ... So far, only one firm has approval for this type of product. Rival Eaton Vance Corp. is planning to launch actively managed nontransparent funds next year, after getting a go-ahead from the SEC last year."

Bzzt. Wrong.

In its approval of EV's ETMFs, the SEC wrote: "Neither the Trusts nor any ETMF will be advertised or marketed as an open-end investment company, a mutual fund or an ETF."

These are really not ETFs in a few different ways. It's been awhile, I'll have to refresh my memory, but one of the differences as I recall is that the price you get is based on the closing price, much like an open end fund. I believe it is only the premium/discount that you get in real time, but relative to what price is determined at closing.

Don't know a thing about Blackrock's twist on ETFs, at least yet (haven't gone digging).