Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Comments

• a-ha. I hope some brokerage has it. I had to exit my OAKEX position and can't get back in. Maybe this will start at the exact "when you buy vs what you buy moment".
  • Haven't had too much time to research the management yet (they appear to be people who have only managed offshore funds, not surprising for a foreign fund). But this should help a bit:
    http://www.barings.com/ucm/groups/public/documents/marketingmaterials/131831.pdf
  • @VintageFreak

You can still purchase OAKEX provided you buy it directly from Oakmark and you are still interested in it.
  • Interesting. Under fees and expenses, it lists a management fee of 0.85%, a (puke) 12b-1 fee for "distribution and/or service" of 0.25%, other fees etc. (left blank, as is the new typical), and then a total fee (after reimbursement, unstated) of 1.32%. OK, so far, par for the course, so to speak.

Under "Choosing a Share Class", we find something added for Investor Class: a 12b-1 fee of up to 0.25% and a transfer agent fee of up to 0.18%. Hmmm, doesn't the former usually take care of the latter? Well, hell, while you're larding it on, Harbor, why don't you just toss in a utilities services charge--- water and sewer, heating, electric ('cause those lights don't stay on all by themselves, you know?)--- and maybe a portion of the long-term lease you carry for office space rental? Fair to share..... because "mutual."
  • edited November 2015
    @msf Barings tends to come and go in US mutual fund families over time as an international money manager, in a subadvisory relationship.
    e.g. https://astonfunds.com/funds/aston-barings-international-fund