Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Portfolio Tracker

Morningstar's portfolio tracker has had real problems updating properly for years now. They can't seem to fix it. Where is the best alternative place to set up a portfolio of mutual funds that will update as promptly as possible each day?

Comments

• TedTed
    edited November 2015
    @dryflower: Try Yahoo Finance which updates funds between 5:00PM-7:00PM CST.
    Regards,
    Ted
  • Thanks, Ted, that's the one I was considering.

• +1 for Yahoo.

Only place I know that's faster is Fidelity. If you have holdings at Fido, you can add non-Fido holdings to a watchlist, which is accessible directly from your portfolio page. That setup is consistently a bit faster to update than Yahoo. Don't know if there's a similar option if you aren't a Fido customer.

One advantage of Yahoo that I appreciate: you can order your holdings any way you want to.

G'luck, AJ
  • Do Yahoo or Fidelity show total return for mutual funds? I know only Morningstar, that provides such data.
  • @DavidV: Here is what you get from Yahoo.
    Regards,
    Ted
    Example: FBTCX Performance Overview
    http://finance.yahoo.com/q/pm?s=FBTCX+Performance
  • edited November 2015
    DavidV said:

Do Yahoo or Fidelity show total return for mutual funds? I know only Morningstar, that provides such data.

Yes, like Ted linked above, but not several funds on a single page like you can set up with M* Portfolio Mgr. I still keep watchlists at M* for comparing returns for different periods, P/Es, P/Bs, standard deviation, etc., but do price and account return tracking mostly through the Fidelity account.

M* would be fine for all of it if they could manage timely, consistent price reporting -- but it's past time to give up on them for that -- the "portfolio manager not updated" thread on the M*.com discussion forum is several years long at this point.