Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Here’s Why So Many Retirees Are Still Working

edited November 2015 in Off-Topic
This article provides a follow up angle on the post @little5bee made yesterday about retirement. Working, perhaps part time, during "retirement" can make life more rewarding.

See: The Fiscal Times

Comments

• edited November 2015
    I'm going to need to work till I drop. I will consider myself very fortunate if someone will actually pay me when I'm old to work. Unless of course I'm doing social service, for which the rewards are different.

On another note, there is this conspiracy theory about journalists passing on subliminal messages in their articles. No one talks about Trump and Hillary turning 70 and that such an old(est) president could be sworn in. Aha! Let's not mention Bernie at 75 at all? Given this article has everything to do with age, I think that would have been on order, unless the Fiscal times has an agenda to declare Trump and Hillary as the chosen candidates. Needless to say, the premise of the article had NO need to mention the presidential election at all.

Or maybe I'm paranoid and having the article open the way it did is a way to get people to read the rest of it.

Or maybe it is to get old people used to the idea, you can't really retire. You will hate staying at home. You have to work so you can keep paying social security taxes.

What's wrong with me! I see conspiracies everywhere. I'm old !!!

"Why so many retirees are still seeing conspiracies every where they look"

Sorry, I think my blood sugar is getting low this morning. I'm more amenable normally.