Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

A rebuttal to the Sequoia letter

The author has some good arguments especially regarding the sentence "we don't know whether that is true' as something that a fund owing such a large % position should not have to say

http://seekingalpha.com/article/3625376-a-response-to-sequoia-funds-letter-on-valeant-pharmaceuticals

Because Sequoia was closed for so many years I suspect few have sold due to large capital gains (I am in that category) but obviously those who are withdrawing funds could cause undesired sales. I am more concerned about Ruane and Cuniff clients who in aggreagte probably hold large positions in VRX and who might sell and the conflict of interest the firm has deciding whether to sell shares in the fund or in private managed accounts