Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Record levels of cash flocking to the U.S.

edited October 2015 in Off-Topic
"Foreign direct investment into the U.S. hit $200 billion in the first half of 2015, a record high according to a report published Thursday by the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD).
It's a sign that global investors are optimistic about the U.S. economy at a time when the rest of the global economy undergoes a slowdown."

But here's the kicker.......

"These flows were driven not just by the improved economic performance in the United States but also by cross-border M&A designed to reduce companies' U.S. tax obligations..."

"About 77% of the money that flowed in the U.S. came from Luxembourg, which has tax-friendly entities called special purpose vehicles that are often created for M&A deals."

See: CNN

Comments

• Cash is flocking? Wow--- I didn't know cash could do that!:)
    If one listens closely to CNN's TV talking heads, and to their reporters speaking LIVE! from wherever, their extemporaneous speech is peppered with the most bizarrely constructed metaphors I've ever heard. Collectively, no other network comes close to competing. They must have unusual screening criteria that enables them to find job applicants with these special abilities. And the little witticisms that are slipped into sentences, completely misplaced, oh my, hilarious. Endless fascination for me, pondering what kind of developmental experiences with use of The Language could have lead to this state of affairs. Maybe languages are mutable viruses from outer space.