Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Did anything happen to TVFQX (Firsthand Technology Value fund)?

edited April 2011 in Fund Discussions
I can't get an up-to-date quote on it; last quote is last Friday, 4/15. Has it gone out of business?

Comments

• IMPORTANT NOTICE: On April 14, 2011, shareholders of Firsthand Technology Value Fund approved a reorganization of the Fund into Firsthand Technology Value Fund, Inc. (Nasdaq: SVVC), a closed-end fund registered with the SEC as a business development company under the Investment Company Act of 1940.
  • TVFQX became a closed-end publicly traded fund on NASDAQ under the SVVC ticker symbol.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/Firsthand-Technology-Value-bw-2648724271.html?x=0&.v=1
  • I really want something to happen to this fund. Something like...it just goes away.

Some things just shouldn't exist. Like Caffeine Free Diet Cherry Coke. I mean what's the point in having this choice? Kinda like WTF do I need this fund as a choice to mess up my portfolio. I already have enough ways I can F' up right?

Maybe Van Wagoner wanted some competition and petitioned the SEC to keep Firsthand running.

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. Fool me thrice, you are maybe related to Kevin Landis?