Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Mutual Fund Research Newsletter ... New Model Portfolio Fund and Asset Allocations

edited October 2015 in Fund Discussions
New Model Portfolios are contained in this newsletter along with why the cash allocation has been reduced in all the model portfolios.

http://funds-newsletter.com/oct15-newsletter/oct15.htm

Comments

• @Old_Skeet Thanks for the link. I will add these thoughts to my bonds vs. cash considerations as the time for my year end portfolio tune up approaches.
  • The model portfolio has a very high (35%) allocation to international equities, IMHO.
  • edited October 2015
    Here are a few bullet points from the newsletter.

"Our current Model Stock Portfolio bears many resemblances to the one from a year ago since I still believe that several of its basic premises remain valid. These are

-International stocks remain the category with the most forward-looking promise.
    -Value stocks are likely to be a better place to be than Growth Stocks.
    -Sector funds, if chosen at all, should represent the most undervalued sectors available."

For information purposes ... I am about 35% foreign equity within my own portfolio. In addition, I am overwieght the materials and energy sectors (plus a couple of others) by a couple of percentage points above the weightings currently found in the S&P 500 Index. And, value stock make up about 40% to 45% of my equities. So, it looks like I am good to go as I have aligned parts of my portfolio along the lines of his bullet points not knowing his thinking until recently. Seems, we derived at much of the same conclusions.

Old_Skeet
  • The model portfolio has a very high (35%) allocation to international equities, IMHO.

Little bit of a home bias there @willmatt72?