Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

• rono September 2015
Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Getting tough on Wall St. fraud, at the high level; new Justice Dept. policy...... K.

edited September 2015 in Off-Topic
K. I'll be watching for the headline reports. Perhaps before I die.........nah, no way before this day arrives.

As always, I'll presume innocent first; then the hard proof, eh?

http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/business/2015/09/09/justice-department-wall-street-fraud/71983152/

Comments

• Hi Mark,

Hope you're doing well.

About time they cracked down on high finance crimes. Geez, you rip $500M and IF they catch you and IF they convict you, you get a $500K fine and 3 years in a Federal country club prison. Where do we sign up?

Instead of only prosecuting the company, albeit a person under numerous SCOTUS decisions but one that cant' go to jail, they need to prosecute and jail the officers. Getting 10-20 hard time serves as a pretty good deterrent.

and so it goes,

peace,

rono

btw, I've got 2 speaking gigs in metro next month. Farm Hills garden club and then the District meeting Livonia for all the metro garden clubs. Landscaping for Wildlife and Native Plants & Biodiversity. Retirement is the second most favorite thing I've ever done.