Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Franklin Resources: Too Cheap To Ignore

FYI: (Click On Article Title At Top Of Google Search)
Franklin Resources is an outlier, even among the depressed group of asset managers. Shares of the investment firm, which runs such giant funds as Templeton Global Bond and Franklin Income, are down nearly 30% this year, to $39, and trade for just 11 times projected earnings of $3.56 a share in the current fiscal year, ending Sept. 30
Regards,
Ted
https://www.google.com/#q=Franklin+Resources:+Too+Cheap+to+Ignore+barron's

Comments

• You'd think charging 5-plus percent loads on their funds, they'd be able to provide a higher regular dividend.

There's not much I like in the financial sector (I own zero) but I do waffle between TRP and BEN as possible candidates to own.
  • I'd rather TROW than BEN, but I do agree that BEN is appealing at this point. Not really interested in buying anything new at this point, but these are fine options.
  • I came to the same decision point several years back and picked TROW - better long term growth potential.