Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Short Term High Yield Funds

2»

Comments

• ASHDX looks among the best in the short term junk category and may put some money there depending on the market's reaction to the Fed news this week. It's Non Transaction Fee and no short term redemption fee at Scottrade. Still, where goes oil is where goes junk so won't go overboard. Would prefer to see more of a complete beatdown in stocks and bonds and more fear all around. SPFLX was recently registered in KY and that is now my largest holding.
  • Upon further review, it looks like ASHAX has struggled as of late like most of the HY sector. Maybe some of those energy purchases are hurting performance? I'm still very intrigued with PMZIX and contemplating whether to go with that or DBTLX as a mortgage/total return fund.
  • Upon further review, it looks like ASHAX has struggled as of late like most of the HY sector. Maybe some of those energy purchases are hurting performance? I'm still very intrigued with PMZIX and contemplating whether to go with that or DBTLX as a mortgage/total return fund.

Indeed, and would not touch any junk corporates now with a 10 foot pole. I've said many times, so goes oil do goes junk. I realize many are in awe of the experts and both Jim Rogers and Carl Icahn among others are looking for major carnage in the high yield corporates. Of course, awhile back when junk was in freefall, it bottomed the day Icahn was on CNBC predicting doom and gloom. However, that rally has since fizzled and junk has been heading back down, especially the short term junk which has the double whammy of falling oil prices and rising short term rates. As for junk munis that has been an entirely different story and where I am camped out - but being a trader and not an investor that could change at a moment's notice. Never listen to me, just file it away as philosophical entertainment.