Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Something Fishy...Fish Farming Becomes Bigger Business Than the Open Sea

beebee
edited August 2015 in Fund Discussions
Cargill buys Norwegian Salmon fish farm for $1.5B:

bloomberg.com/news/articles/2015-08-17/hungry-fish-farms-lure-cargill-as-seafood-demand-grows

Closer to home, Aquaculture in Maine
Cooke Aquaculture:
cookeaqua.com/

eft FISN went defunct in 2012:

etftrends.com/2011/05/fishing-etf-will-investors-take-the-bait/

Comments

• Long Marine Harvest (MHG)
  • beebee
    edited August 2015
    Thanks Scott,

I came across this report on MHG...your thoughts? Today's price $12.22

• edited August 2015
    I guess I just have a longer-term view and with MHG's hefty dividend policy (which, admittedly is risky and can go to 0% in a 2008-style situation), it's a risk I'm willing to take.

I believe I read the same report and honestly, I don't want to sit and trade on various formations. I feel strongly about a longer-term story and sit longer-term and collect dividends. I don't want to have to time the market.

http://www.barrons.com/articles/marine-harvest-shares-headed-higher-1432950653
    (search for Marine Harvest Headed Higher Barrons if you can't read it after clicking link.)