Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Helping Ted out ... with Art Cashin

Dex
edited August 2015 in Fund Discussions
No need to thank me Ted.
http://kingworldnews.com/art-cashin-8-15-15/

Art agrees with me that the Fed won't raise rates. But, they may raise because so they could cut in the future.

US economy weak.

Stocks - more lows than highs, not good

Countries and states going into technical default!

Japan slipping back

Fed money printing not working, but, the Fed might do it again - QE hasn't worked either

Deflationary pressures continue to win.

Be careful of high yield areas

Biggest fear - 'things to get out of control'

Long - guns, bullets, beans ...

Comments

• @Dex: Thanks Dex, always a pleasure to hear what Art has to say !
    Regards,
    Ted
  • edited August 2015
    Thank you Dex. That audio is very good in this respect: I'd always viewed Cashin as a minute-to-minute knee-jerk prognosticator taking the current wind direction and than trying to project some future market direction. Kind of a "whip-lash" approach to stock investing.

Here, at least, he takes a longer term global view and has some very well reasoned arguments.

Wow - The bears are really out there now. Not just Cashin, but can't remember the last time I've heard a really bullish analyst on CNBC or Bloomberg. Is is just me, or does the sentiment here feel bearish as well?