Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Anyone invest in Country Specific ETFs or Funds?

beebee
edited August 2015 in Fund Discussions
EIS (Israel) is exhibiting strong momentum.

India is a place I have a mid to longer term outlook using MINDX

DFA offers an interesting UK small cap fund DFUKX that has strong performance.

What's working for you outside the US?

Comments

• Hi @bee

Although not country narrowed; HEDJ for European area in particular and the $Euro.
    Review India once a week for trends/news affecting this area.
    No direct Asia exposure at this time.
  • I'm using DXJ for Japan exposure and have been very happy, but I'm betting on the BOJ more than on the Japanese economy or the companies in the fund. I've been thinking about Brazil exposure with EWZ but I'm hoping to make my investment if and/or when they link the current President to the corruption scandal going on now. I figure that might well be the bottom.
  • @MFO Members: List Of Specific Countries with Country and Region ETFs and ETNs.
    Regards,
    Ted
    http://etf.about.com/od/foreignetfs/a/Invest-In-Specific-Countries-With-Country-And-Rergion-Etfs-And-Etns.htm
  • No. Don't feel that strongly about any one country and would rather pick single names. Plus, I don't want to try and trade momentum would rather invest longer-term.
  • I have MINDX too. Hope to be a long term hold.
  • edited August 2015
    In the past I've used DFJ (small cap Japan), EWS (Singapore), and EWH (Hong Kong) for value trading, but don't have any single-country ex-U.S. holdings now. EWS is at a 52-week low, but I'm not buying (at least yet) since it looks like there are plenty of good reasons for its being priced as it is now.
  • beebee
    edited August 2015
    Ted said:

@MFO Members: List Of Specific Countries with Country and Region ETFs and ETNs.
    Regards,
    Ted

Thanks @Ted, great find.