Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Holy SHLD...Sears up 24% in last four days

beebee
edited August 2015 in Fund Discussions
I hope @MikeM Pulled the trigger at $20.

I have all I can stomach by owning BB's fund (FAIRX).

Comments

• edited August 2015
    Yet another short squeeze like all the others for SHLD on the way down.

Sears Holdings (SHLD - Get Report): "I don't see a future there."
    http://www.thestreet.com/story/13208541/1/mad-money-lightning-round-i-see-no-future-in-sears.html?puc=yahoo&cm_ven=YAHOO

Aug 3, 2015 BERKOWITZ BRUCE R
    Beneficial Owner (10% or more)
    8,000 Indirect Purchase at $20.21 per share. 161,680
    Jul 23, 2015 BERKOWITZ BRUCE R
    1,400 Indirect Sale at $22.09 per share. 30,926
    Jul 22, 2015 BERKOWITZ BRUCE R
    250,000 Indirect Sale at $21.92 per share. 5,480,000
    Jul 22, 2015 BERKOWITZ BRUCE R
    250,000 Indirect Purchase at $21.96 per share. 5,490,000
  • edited August 2015
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I did not Bee. Connecting a line across all the new lows for this stock over the last 3 years shows a very predictable pattern. 20-22 looked like the new low before yet another predictable bounce up, but I didn't bite:( I did make a safer buy on AAPL when it dropped to 114 this week.

Maybe when I retire I'll have more time play.
  • edited August 2015
    bee said:

I have all I can stomach by owning BB's fund (FAIRX).

It was refreshing to own several items which "zigged" when the market "zagged" over the past few days. A few reits along with FAIRX did well.

Frankly, I won't be the least upset when BB clears the portfolio of all SHLD holdings. Those stores are like ghost towns, and I'm not sure I buy into their logic on holding this for the intrinsic real estate valuations.

But the other item which buoyed FAIRX were the Fannie and Freddie positions...which are quietly making a "bee-line" to the best returns within his basket of holdings.

Sorry...couldn't help myself.

press