Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Fuss Of Loomis Sayles Says Fed Could Delay Rate Hikes Till 2016

TedTed
edited July 2015 in Fund Discussions
FYI: (I wonder where I've heard that before?)
Bond veteran Dan Fuss, vice chairman of investment firm Loomis Sayles, said on Thursday that it was still highly likely the Federal Reserve could delay raising rates until early next year.
Regards,
Ted
http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/07/16/investing-loomis-rates-idUSL2N0ZW2F920150716

Comments

• Uncle Jeffrey Gundlach.
  • edited July 2015
    I do believe "rate hike delay" has been stated here many times from the non-professionals, eh?.............for the past several years.

Sidenote: Canada's central bank dropped rates again this week. The cb's have their fingers crossed to attempt to weave some economic magic. Things are just different, as is usual/normal after a major market melt; but just a bit more over the edge this time as some areas were never allowed to properly normalize............being let the trash side of companies, investment sectors to "die".
    We're just running on the outside edge of the "money machine"; trying to skim a little piece for ourselves.
    Have not felt more like being a gambler during the past several years, with investments. Probably just an aging thing, eh???

Take care,
    Catch