Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Comments

• @johnN: You never need to say your sorry !
    Regards,
    Ted
  • Ted You continue to impress me!

:)
  • There isa Barbra Streisand film ,"whats up Doc " where she says those words to Ryan O'neal(the youngish person in Ted's Clip) and he replies " That's the stupidest thing I have ever heard"
  • edited July 2015
    I'm afraid "Love Story" hasn't withstood the years as well as some of the other greats from the 70s like "The "Godfather" or "The Graduate." I remember seeing it when it first came out and it left a lasting impression on me. Not only is the film a product of its times, it's also something you almost have to have viewed during the 70s to fully appreciate.

Another thing ... In the 70s you went "to" the movie, whereas today the movie often comes to you at home. There's something to be said for that shared experience which I think added immensely to the audience's appreciation of this film. (Brings to mind the expression: "Not a dry eye in the house".)

About: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Love_Story_(1970_film)