Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Energy Stocks with the Best/Worst Environmental Records

edited July 2015 in Off-Topic
Although there are some obvious problems with the data, which the authors readily admit, this is a good place to start for investors interested in holding energy stocks with cleaner--relatively speaking--environmental records: nrdc.org/land/drilling/files/fracking-company-violations-IP.pdf
It also of course highlights some of the worst offenders, Chesapeake Energy being number one. Is a "green" oil or natural gas company an oxymoron? I've been wondering.

Comments

• @MFO Members: Speaking of environmential records, how about Communist China. On many days in China's major cities you can see the sun from the smoke filled haze caused by coal burning furnaces.
  • Yes, Ted, China has a terrible environmental record with almost no regulation. That's why U.S. companies love to manufacturer all of their goods there. Your point?
  • @Lewis: My point is that since coming to MFO Discussion Board your links and comments indicate that there isn't much you like about America.
    Regards,
    Ted
  • @Ted the cyberbully, To the contrary, the thing I love about America most is its FREEDOM OF SPEECH, something you seem to have no interest in at all with your constant attacks on MFO Members with different opinions from your own. I think given your attitude, you'd fit right in with China's Ministry of Culture.
  • edited July 2015
    @Ted, The saddest thing of all is you equate criticizing oil companies for having bad environmental records and trying to find better ones with being somehow a disloyal American. And then you impugn my patriotism. I'm getting pretty tired of your bullying.
  • @Lewis: If it makes you feel any better, I not questioning your patriotism, and please don't say I fit right with China's Ministry of Culture.
    Regards,
    Ted
  • edited July 2015
    @Ted, Saying "there isn't much you like about America" is questioning my patriotism when the fact is l love America so much I don't want its air to be poisoned by rogue companies that have no respect for its people or laws--the same air my wife who's asthmatic has to breathe every day. Being critical of Chesapeake Energy for having 589 environmental violations doesn't mean I dislike America. You should be asking that loyalty question to the executives of Chesapeake.
  • Ted...questioning someone's feelings towards America is not appropriate.

IMHO