Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Three Grandeur Peak Funds in registration - updated prospectus information

Comments

• Asked Mr. Huefner about the launch. They're working on shareholder/investor communication pieces now and they hope to start reaching out by mid-July but "[i]t will probably be September before anything gets launched. "

For what interest that holds,

David
  • Instead of opening new funds how about just opening the existing funds at least to existing shareholders.
  • Did anyone notice that the math doesn't work in the "Fees and Expenses" table for the International Stalwarts Fund?

For the Investor class, but it's the same for the Institutional shares:
    Management Fee 0.80%
    12-b1 fee 0.25%
    Other Expenses 1.28%

Total Operating Expenses 1.53%

They left out the management fee when they added, which either means the fee waiver has to be a lot bigger to get to the bottom line of 1.35% or the actual expense ratio is going to be north of 2% even after the fee waiver. The latter seems more likely because the fee waivers of the various funds are all in the same general neighborhood and this International fund has much higher "Other Expenses" than the domestic Stalwarts fund, which I tend to assume their not going to refund.

Does anyone have any idea when these new funds are going to be launched? The updated registration suggests as soon as practicable, which could be today in theory. But when they initially filed the registration statements in April and we were debating the change in direction for GP with the Stalwarts funds, they told me they expected to answer everyone's questions in July before the funds actually launched. I hope that's still true.
  • Thanks @David_Snowball!! Glad to hear they're still planning to communicate (and that I have a little more time to organize myself for the investment.
  • edited June 2015
    @LLJB

The institutional and investor shares of the Global Micro Cap Fund have the same fund symbols in one place (GPMOX) and the correct ones in another(GISOX and GISYX).

Maybe this prospectus is a draft copy of the final one?

Also, GPMOX is on the Global Micro Cap in one place and International Stalwarts in another place.
  • @TheShadow

I'll send them a note
  • @LLJB

Your note worked. Here is the updated prospectus with correct symbols and expenses:

http://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/915802/000139834415004204/fp0014974_497.htm