Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Any Funds Up Today?

edited June 2015 in Fund Discussions
All of my funds were down today except VMLTX, which is a short term municipal bond fund. Please tell me about some good funds that were up today. I guess they would be called "defensive"?

Comments

• No green in my portfolio today but ASDVX and DLFNX were just down fractionally. Today would be a good test for market short and bear funds.
  • Not a fund, but Oaktree (OAK) was up most of the day and ended about flat.
  • edited June 2015
    A couple of American Funds bond funds up fractionally. Also WAFMX! Glory be!!

RSIVX, RPHYX & TAFTX all flat.
  • TLT, BHD, GLD
  • edited June 2015
    Of course! There's always something up. The two of Doc Hussman's that I watch were both up. HSGFX gained 1.4% and HSTRX gained .64%.

Most of the funds in domestic high quality bonds gained, including DODIX, which I own. Looks like junk took a hit however.

Well ... I just noticed you said "good" funds. Hussman may not make that high a bar. But good to see it shine today.
  • edited June 2015
    WAFMX surprisingly. Oh, I see Old Joe beat me to it! There's also WBMIX.
  • Just two words for you: Huss. Man. Once owned HSTRX. I no longer due but all three of his funds were up today.

David
  • edited June 2015
    JohnChisum must have been looking at the wrong day's numbers: DLFNX was up .05 cents. PRSNX was just unchanged. All else was Simply Red.
  • Thanks @Crash. My stock app must have been slow to update that fund. It does show a 5¢ gain now.