Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

What's Behind Door# 1, 3, 5, 10??

Sooooo, let's see what you would do with your portfolio if you had to put things into 1-3-5-10-year buckets......and the one where, after death, your heirs will deal with it?!!
Year 1: The What's Hot Now stuff as overseas mine DODFX, RERFX, FMIJX.
Year 3: Say what might be -- FMEIX, FSCRX, FSENX, GLFOX, MAPIX.
Year 5: The Who Knows Zone --- healthcare --- GLRBX, PRBLX, YAFFX --- things that will be there.
Year 10: The core -- index funds -- health, again -- bonds.
Til Death --- insurance --- house --- toys you have, i.e., cars, boats, coins, guns -- and the forever stocks, bonds & funds land.
Just some ideas......what I would like to see is what a Board of Many thinks.....because of the ranges in ages, wealth, upbringing, etc., where you live as well as many other things.....how you think about the rest of your life. Something to give pause to and sip a longneck over....at a slow point in time, maybe.....
God bless.
the Pudd

Comments

• @Curly: I'm of the opinion you'd get more responses if you posted this under Fund Discussion rather than Off-Topic.
    Regards,
    Ted, Friend Of The Stooges

You've Got A Great Voice Curly:
  • Good thought, Linkster, you Stooge connoisseur, you!
    the Pudd