Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Mighty Columbia Acorn Fund Withers

FYI: Fund makes changes amid lackluster short-term results compared with the glory days.
Regards,
Ted
http://www.wsj.com/articles/mighty-columbia-acorn-fund-withers-1433544725

Comments

• I am a share holder. The funds recent reports suggested that the GARP(growth at reasonable price) has not been recently successful in the marketplace but they believe it will work out eventually. Perhaps some can clarify whether other GARP funds have done relatively well recently which could mean that the Acorn people are indeed not doing a good job
  • jerry said:

Perhaps some can clarify whether other GARP funds have done relatively well recently which could mean that the Acorn people are indeed not doing a good job

I believe POAGX is described as using a GARP. GARP seem like a different way of identifying value.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • 401-k recently announced that ACRNX would be removed from plan & replaced. I gave up on it a few years back as I was cutting equity % age.
    Derf