Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

SIGIX /SFGIX

SIGIX SFGIX: just found this in my email.
"...we have decided to discontinue the “Shareholder Conference Call” that Seafarer held semi-annually since the Fund’s inception. The conference call was a useful way to communicate with existing and prospective clients, but over time it became apparent to us that the format (a live call, followed by an audio replay available on the Seafarer website) was not sufficiently timely, accessible, or searchable. In our view, we can disseminate content of similar (or better) quality via our forthcoming videos and written commentaries, and these new content formats will prove more focused, timely, accessible and interactive than our past conference calls. We are excited to move in this new direction..."
http://www.seafarerfunds.com/fund/shareholder-letter

Comments

• @Crash: SFGIX is a winner, winner, chicken dinner. If I were to own a EM Fund, it more than likely would be this one. YTD performance in excess of 10% while EM category average at 2.5%.
    Regards,
    Ted
  • My guess is that Seafarer is a small shop that is getting busier. The new system sounds pretty good.
  • Yes, thanks for the responses. Glad I followed Foster to his new fund. ESTIMATED June 23rd div. = .063 cents. I suppose there can be no complaints, given the current environment. It pays twice a year. I recall in a recent monthly commentary, David said it is his next-to-largest position. Good on ya!
  • My sense of it was that the conference calls were a lot of work for relatively limited gain. When a fund company sponsors the call, they're ringed all around with FINRA requirements that impose spoken disclosures, guarded language, often pre-screened questions and a very limited ability to post the audio. That latter difficulty comes from the fact that the audio is held to the same standards as any other shareholder communication and it needs to be reviewed, sentence by sentence, and edited for compliance purposes.

For what interest it holds,

David

And yes, it's my second-largest position behind F P A Crescent (FPACX) though the combined total of David Sherman's two funds would leapfrog into second place if they were counted as a single position.