Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Why Vanguard’s Frenzy For China A-Shares?

FYI: This week, Vanguard announced it’ll be playing ball, and will add China A-shares to its flagship emerging market fund, the Vanguard FTSE Emerging Markets Index ETF (VWO | C-86). So it’s quite reasonable for investors to ask two important questions.
Regards,
Ted
http://www.etf.com/sections/blog/vanguards-frenzy-china-shares?nopaging=1

Comments

• this is one of them...
    While the A-share index has had some periods of crazy performance, it has done so with nearly double the risk of boring old H-shares. Whether it’s worth taking those outsize risks to get those outsize rewards is certainly a matter of opinion, and you could data-mine the returns series to come up with fantastic Sharpe ratios—or terrible ones—depending on your time period
  • Thanks for the link, Linkster. I sold MCHFX yesterday as it appeared to be in a tail spin ! Now I see by way of the link, 6/9 may prove to be my undoing.
    Good investing to all,
    Derf