Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Barry Ritholtz: Wall Street Doesn't Need To Brainwash You

TedTed
edited June 2015 in The Bullpen
FYI: The linkster stopped linking MarketWatch's Paul Farrell articles years ago ! The reason, he's a moron !)

Every now and again, Barry disagrees with an article written by someone he likes and respects. On occasion, an author will crank out a column that makes me angry. And on rare occasions, I will read something where I disagree with just about every sentence.
Today is one of those total disagreement days.

Marketwatch columnist Paul Farrell wrote an article on behavioral economics with the headline “Why investors are helpless against Wall Street’s secret brainwashing machine.” I can find fault with just about every thought in the piece, including his mention of “robots” in Ridley Scott’s film "Blade Runner."1
Regards,
Ted
http://www.bloombergview.com/articles/2015-06-02/wall-street-doesn-t-need-a-brainwashing-machine