Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

How Low Can Your IQ Go ! Move The Deer Crossing Signs !

Can anyone really be this stupid ?
Regards,
Ted
https://www.youtube-nocookie.com/embed/CI8UPHMzZm8?rel=0

Comments

• This is absolutely hilarious!! Thanks Ted!
  • @MFO Members: Here are some more Darwin Award Winners:
    Regards,
    Ted
    http://www.darwinawards.com/
  • edited May 2015
    @Ted
    Thank you very much, from a state with a hugh deer population. No crossing signs near us and the forest and farm lands just down the road; but the deer are everywhere, including fresh bodies along the roadside.
    I would like to know this lady's opinion about wars, politics, road potholes, too. Wondering too, if she is an "investor". What would her portfolio look like? :)
    Regards,
    Catch
  • MJG
    edited May 2015
    Hi Ted,

Thanks for the wonderful post. It really made my day.

Yes, some folks can really be that stupid, even when making investment decisions. Their naivety and misunderstanding of investment products and processes are legendary.

I’m sure all MFOers recall the Nigerian Letter fraud. The promise of large sums of easy money is too tempting to reject, mostly by the older population. These get-rich-quick schemes proliferate in states with an older population, like in Florida. The old-timers are too trusting and perhaps a bit lazy to do fact checking and research.

But the Nigerian scam is an organized, albeit transparent, plot. The scammers seek victims and fail most of the time. The Deer Crossing story is self-imposed. I still find it hard to believe that it is authentic, and not a joke. I suppose that gives it the top-spot on the idiot rankings.

But who knows. It might just be a limited blind spot, and her portfolio might be brilliantly constructed. No chance!

Best Wishes.