Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Hiatus

edited May 2015 in Off-Topic
Fellow MFO-ers: I'll be taking a break for two (2) weeks. It's been 5 years since seeing my classmate out there in British Columbia, and the local lake is full of Kokanee Salmon. Too much fun to pass up.;)
Carry on. Chin up. Don't do anything rash while I'm gone--- like have your sense of humor surgically removed. I suppose I'll miss daily baseball tv games. I checked out the Minor League team in Spokane, where I fly into. But the Spokane Indians are a Low-Level A "short season league." So they don't even begin their season until June.
Thanks to Ted for the Yogi Berra "rush" yesterday. Here's another baseball history shot in the arm for everyone, before my departure: Sandy Koufax' perfect game on September 9, 1965. (By then, the Dodgers were in Los Angeles.) Vin Scully calls the game. Harvey Keen makes the final out. Koufax struck out the final six batters IN A ROW, through the 8th and 9th innings!

Comments

• Beautiful part of the world there in BC. Have a great time
  • I surely will, sir. Thanks. I'll be in the extreme southeast of the Province, on Mountain, not Pacific, Time. In the shadow of the Rockies.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kimberley,_British_Columbia
  • TedTed
    edited May 2015
    @Crash: Catch the big ones! We'll leave the light on for you !
    Regards,
    Ted
  • edited May 2015
    Thanks, Ted! (That was a funny one!)
  • edited May 2015
    Crash,

FYI - We are able to access the board when travelling in Canada (Ontario anyway) without problem. Grateful that MFO sometimes breaks the tedium travelling - waiting in airports or hanging out at hotels.

But I can understand folks shutting down ALL the noise, including this board, when on the road. As long as you can stand to be without the "News and Views" (Ted's term) along with "Friday Night at the Fights" (my term).:)

Have a great trip.

Take care.
  • edited May 2015
    Thank you, Hank. I'm in British Columbia's southeastern corner as I type these words. The details came together, and I'm able to check-in. Nice to know. But my host---gasp--- informs me that our targeted fishing hole was being drained. Pollution? Dunno. But we'll have no trouble finding water. Very near here is a VERY long lake with some great scenery attached. I suppose not many Americans even know it's there: Moyie Lake.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moyie_Lake
  • Great location for lots of outdoor sports. We love kayaking among the islands and seeing the orca in their environment (not SeaWorld). Love to retire and work as a touring guide in this part of beautiful place.
  • Yes, indeed.