Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Kitchen Getting A Little Dusty?

FYI: Have you noticed in the last several years that there are an increasingly large number of restaurant related stocks out there? It seems that every week there is an IPO of some new hot concept stock. The reason for this influx of restaurant stocks is because Americans are increasingly choosing to eat their meals out rather than cook at home.
Regards,
Ted
https://www.bespokepremium.com/think-big-blog/kitchen-getting-a-little-dusty/

Comments

• Just the opposite in my neighborhood. Newer or revamped restaurants offering fresh ingredients, produced locally, w/o any added enhancements of any sort are seeing an uptick in patrons but for the most part more meals are being prepared at home with fresh vs mass produced (i.e. canned or boxed) ingredients. People are going for healthier fare.
  • edited May 2015
    The one that I'd be interested in is LYFE Kitchen and that isn't public (yet?) I think a lot of LYFE's meal options are actually genuinely healthy and I see a future where they could have ready-to-eat meals in the freezer section at Whole Foods and the like.

Otherwise, I actually really enjoy cooking so I rarely dine out.
  • Something I noticed when I was stateside was that there were less people in the ready prepared section of the supermarket. Maybe cooking at home is coming back because it's cheaper.