Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Using SKYPE. Any concerns or other situations you have encountered since Microsoft purchase? Thanks

Howdy,
We used SKYPE when the service was newly born; but we have not used this since Mircosoft purchasing the rights.
Do you have any concerns or otherwise using the current system?, i.e.; security, etc.
The only immediate issue I do consider is that international connections will be stored by the NSA. No doubt in my mind about this aspect. NSA has more than enough storage in Utah for this purpose.
Thank you.
Catch

Comments

• I believe that if you use any phone, the NSA or other spy agencies are listening in for key words. Nothing is safe these days.
  • @catch22: You can be dam glad we have NSA, when I was in the Navy many moons ago, I worked for them.
  • edited May 2015
    @JohnChisum
    This would be broadband connections..........but the mode doesn't really matter, eh?
    Thank you
    @Ted
    Not a complaint regarding NSA, strictly an observation.
    Thanks
    Anyone have any other related info regarding problems or otherwise using Skype???