Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Week 2: The New WSW

http://wallstreetweek.com/watch/?video=wall-street-week-full-episode-2&cat=full-episodes
Rosenstein. The back-and-forth before they let Rosenstein in just sounded so canned, stilted. Ya, ya. Get on with it....

Comments

• I didn't watch week two but week three with Carl Icahn was pretty good. Did you see that episode Crash?
  • I'll go watch it now.....
  • I just watched episode 2 yesterday. They still had the Times Square background. Episode three is much better.

Is that background for real or just a display?
  • The background: Looks real. You're at maybe the 36th floor somewhere, looking out at the cityscape from time to time. I like the simple arrangement, around the table. The younger host, Tony, seemed not to engage, but (to me, anyhow) seemed to be using canned bullet-points. Just the way Joe Garagiola used to provide "color" on the old Saturday afternoon baseball games on NBC: he had some stories to share. If the moment never seemed right to mention them, he would shoe-horn the stories in there, one way or another.
  • I watched it again and I did see some movement in one of the buildings in the background so it must be real. Maybe they moved up to get away from the flashing lights?