Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

How Much Would You Pay To Live Across The Street From Warren Buffett?

The user and all related content has been deleted.

Comments

• edited May 2015
    I don't know about that. But according to NBR (produced by CNBC) you no longer need to be a Berkshire shareholder to attend the annual meet. They're now selling tickets to Warren and Charlie's annual show.

Wonder what it costs? We paid around $200 for great seats at Phantom of the Opera in NY last January. Am thinking that's probably close to what they'd want for admission to the Berkshire performance.

No thanks ... I'll take The Phantom any day.
  • edited May 2015
    I don't know why they would sell tickets - they certainly have enough Berkshire shareholders, probably - and they should get preferred treatment in terms of seating availability.

There was an article the other day on Business Insider that had a photo journal of the shareholder meeting and there were thousands of people already lined up at 5 am just to get in. I own Berkshire, but no thanks.
  • edited May 2015
    I have heard of shareholders selling their passes on EBay. I don't know how much though. Each shareholder gets four passes if I recall correctly.

As for living across from the Buffett, no thanks.
  • "As for living across from the Buffett, no thanks"

Well now, probably better than living across the street from your local Hell's Avengers motorcycle club. Everything is relative...
  • True. I was thinking of a constant media presence outside but yes, the constant growl of hoodlums choppers would be much more irritating, not to mention what would happen if I went out and told them to cut back on their noise.
  • précisément! :)