Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

A Little-Known Bond Vehicle For When Interest Rates Rise

FYI: The relative anonymity of target date bond ETFs could fade when the financial markets become convinced that the Fed will finally make its move to raise interest rates for the first time since December 2008.
Regards,
Ted
http://www.thinkadvisor.com/2015/05/01/a-little-known-bond-vehicle-for-when-interest-rate?t=fixed-income&page_all=1

Comments

• Thanks for posting this Ted. I had been considering similar items for my sleeve of holdings which account for 4 years of spending dollars heading into retirement. I had previously considered short terms bond funds, or market neutral funds like MERFX. Your post is handy as it provides some additional options for this purpose.

Press
  • TedTed
    edited May 2015
    @PRESSmUp: Glad the info was of some help, many MFO's I don't believe new that target-date bond ETF's existed.
    Regards,
    Ted