Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Alleged Fund Fraud Exposes Cracks In Securities Pricing

FYI: (Click On Article Title At Top Of Google Search)
What’s your mutual fund worth? It’s not as easy to ascertain as you might think. In many cases, fund managers—and not the market—are determining the prices for securities. This can cause a big problem in a volatile market.
Regards,
Ted
https://www.google.com/#q=Alleged+Fund+Fraud+Exposes+Cracks+in+Securities+Pricing+barron's

Comments

• Get The Full Story
    Subscribe or Log In
  • @heezsafe: For your information, you cannot kept opening and closing the link. The link I have provided allows you read but not print the article.
    Regards,
    Ted
    "Get The Full Story
    Subscribe or Log In" Enough of this nonsense
  • @Ted For some reason, it isn't working for me. I click on your link and it takes me to a Google search list. I click on the article at the top of the list (to which you have "linked") and it takes me to Barron's and that's what I get. What am I doing wrong?
  • Google is not the same for everyone. If your default search engine is not Google, then the result is different. Same if you live in another country.
  • @heezsafe: Copy & Paste article title "Alleged Fund Fraud Exposes Cracks In Securities Pricing in Google search box. The article title should appear at the very top of Google search, click it on and see what happens.
    Regards,
    Ted
  • @JohnChisum @Ted As a matter of fact, I do not designate Google as my default search engine, and I also have a doo-dad on my computer that blocks them from following me whenever I click on a link that a Google search generates for me (and they not only follow to that link, but also record and follow you if you click on something there as well). Perhaps that is why I won't be able to read Lewis' article: if I refuse to give them info on my viewing habits, for the lifetime dossier they're compiling about me, then I don't get fringe benefits, so to speak. I tried Ted's suggestion (which works for him) and I tried your monster link (which works for you) and I still get the same subscription requirement tease in all cases. Oh well, thanks for trying, you two.
  • @heezsafe, I also do not use Google as my default search engine. I come up with the same issue as you. In any case, this is a Barron's article so they would prefer paying customers. I wonder if over time these sites like Barron's have closed loopholes like the one Ted posted? I would not be surprised.
  • It works for me. I am sure for heezsafe the inability of Google to"follow him" to the site is why it won't work for him. Couldn't say for you John
  • Just to totally confuse the whole thing, John's link worked for me, and I neither use Google normally nor did I allow the cookie(s) to be set. With respect to Google and privacy, I think that I almost prefer the NSA.