Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Twitter Down nearly 20% after results leaked early (+ other AH announcements)

edited April 2015 in Off-Topic
http://techcrunch.com/2015/04/28/oops/

Enough of the social media stuff already. Another awful number from a company whose management is something of a disaster.

Twitter outsources investor relations to a third party, who apparently screwed up.

Wynn miss (and dividend cut), Buffalo Wild Wings misses too AH. Kraft disappoints on rev.

Gopro (another formerly hot stock with no moat) also disappoints.

Wynn and Buffalo Wild Wings both down close to 10%.

As for Wynn, HUGE decline in Macau revenue.

Panera misses. Western Digital misses.

Express Scripts meets and offers upbeat guidance.

3D printing co Stratasys -18% after earnings disappoint.

So, Macau theme over and done, 3D printing theme over and done. Social media theme shaky.

Cramer's alert from yesterday about Twitter:

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2015-04-28/actionalertplus ("we think TWTR has more revenue runway than any other company in the Internet space. Our target is $55.")

Comments

• Cramer holds TWTR in his "charitable trust". "He thinks Twitter has more revenue runway than any other company in the internet space".

This guy never ceases to amaze me. What were some of those names for bovine excrement? Cow chips. Rocky Mountain pancakes. They all apply here.
  • Down another 5% plus this morning. The CEO is on the hotseat.
  • Ended down nearly 10% more. If it gets into the low-mid 30's I think something does happen - either they get bought or someone gets very activist-y.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I imagine the clowns and clownettes on CNBC are telling their sparse audience to buy the dip.