Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Apple Pay Is Steadily Making Gains on PayPal -- Report

In the article, note how Pay Pal was the preferred choice of mobile payments in June 2014. Fast forward to now and Apple Pay has taken over that position.

http://www.thestreet.com/story/13119819/1/apple-pay-is-steadily-making-gains-on-paypal--report.html?cm_ven=RSSFeed

Comments

• In terms of POS mobile payments, I will say it doesn't seem like a high hurdle: Paypal did get into Home Depot for mobile payments and did have a mobile wallet app, but I remember looking at it and thinking it was not as simple and straightforward as NFC tap and pay so didn't explore it further.

Paypal is certainly more compelling by itself than with Ebay, but I just don't see Paypal making significant strides beyond the core product. There's going to be a lot more competition in terms of peer-to-peer money sending as well.
  • This is one area where the  Watch will shine. Usage of Pay will take off as well.