Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Josh Brown: The Biggest Threat To Your Portfolio

FYI: Last night at the Nasdaq Marketsite, Mark Hulbert and I served on a panel discussion entitled Defend Yourself: Top threats to investors in 2015. The event was organized by MarketWatch and we spoke to a standing-room only crowd of over a hundred individual investors, Dow Jones journalists and other financial industry folks.
Regards,
Ted
http://thereformedbroker.com/2015/04/19/the-biggest-threat-to-your-portfolio-2/

Comments

• Thanks, Linkster!
    Great post....one word.....(genius).....you are your own worst enemy, just as he said. You must play the game to win. The future is not ours to know. It's been hidden from all eyes.
    God bless.
    the Pudd
    p.s. Vacation day here.....if this is retirement, sign me up, please! Nothing like a slow moving morning....
  • "if this is retirement, sign me up, please! Nothing like a slow moving morning...."

Yes Puddnhead, I highly reccomend retirement!
  • edited April 2015
    Retirement is beautiful. Truly. And bless my working wife. Woman. Who can dare to claim to understand Her? But I love her, anyway. Almost as much as baseball.
  • Josh Brown's words are just plain true. When I read and listen to all the financial "news," the question before me always is: does any of this apply to me directly? Almost always, it does not. So, I leave my plan in place. I've learned than plans may need to be changed and adjusted along the way. But "adjust" does not mean the same thing as "react."